Bishop John Leads Patronal Feastday Celebrations of St. John the Baptist Church
On Friday, July 7, the feast of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist, the Administrator of the Patriarchal Parishes in the USA, His Grace Bishop John of Naro-Fominsk led the Divine Liturgy in St. John the Baptist Church in Little Falls, New Jersey. His Grace was co-served by a multitude of clergy from the neighboring area:
- Archpriest Igor Tarasov (Chancellor of the Patriarchal Parishes in the USA)
-Archpriest Emil Minkovich (Rector of Sts. Peter and Paul Church in Elizabeth, NJ)
-Archpriest John Kassatkin (Rector of Elevation of the Holy Cross Church in Hackettstown, NJ)
-Archpriest George Konyev (Rector of Three Saints Church in Garfield, NJ)
-Abbot Nicodemus Balyasnikov (Cleric of St. Nicholas Patriarchal Cathedral in New York City)
- Priest Aleksey Paranyuk (Dean of the Eastern States & Parish Rector)
- Priest Stephen Kaznica (Rector of Sts. Peter and Paul Cathedral in Passaic, NJ)
- Hieromonk Stephen (Bushman)
- Protodeacon Daniel Sudol (Cleric of Three Saints Church in Garfield, NJ
- Protodeacon Serge Arlievsky (Cleric of Holy Dormition Convent "Novo-Diveevo" in Nanuet, NY)
- Deacon Alexey Golubov (Cleric of St. Nicholas Cathedral)
- Deacon Andrew Massey (Cleric of Elevation of the Holy Cross Church)
- Deacon Nicholas DeGraaff (Cleric of Three Saints Church)
During the Divine Liturgy, prayers were offered for the clergy and parishioners of the parish that have since reposed. Special petitions for peace in the Ukrainian land were also intoned at the Augmented Litany.
At the conclusion of the Liturgy, His Grace congratulated Fr. Aleksey and the parishioners on the occasion of their patronal feast day. In turn, Fr. Aleksey thanked the hierarch for his archpastoral visit and shared prayer. The protodeacons then intoned the Polychronion for the clergy and parishioners of the parish. Through the presentation of Father Aleksey, Bishop John awarded a number of parishioners with Archpastoral Gramotas: Gregory Karol, Andrew Miketzuk, Eugene Kulick, Barbara Preciado and Marc Harris.
After the service, a lenten luncheon was served in the parish hall under the guidance of Matushka Natalia Paranyuk.
Patronal Feast of St. John the Baptist Church - 07/07/17
Paschal Epistle of His Grace Bishop John of Naro-Fominsk - 04/29/16
Paschal Epistle of His Grace John, Bishop of Naro-Fominsk, Administrator of the Patriarchal Parishes in the USA to all the clergy and faithful children of the Patriarchal Parishes of the Russian Orthodox Church in the USA.
Nativity Epistle of His Grace Bishop John of Naro-Fominsk - 01/06/16
“God is with us, understand, all ye nations!” These words of the liturgical hymn, hearkening back to the biblical prophecy of Isaiah about Emmanuel (cf. Is. 7, 14), have become for us a verbal icon of the Nativity Feast..